Thank you for booking your event/celebration with us. We look forward to hosting it in our beautiful Meade Hall.
• We will provisionally hold a date for 2 weeks (we may contact you with-in the 14 days if we have
another enquiry for the same date.)
• After 14 days, unless confirmation is received, the date will be made available to other potential
customers. All prices quoted include VAT.
• Confirmation – To confirm the date the room hire will need to be paid at time of booking; this is
non-refundable. In the event that there is no room hire charge, a £100 non-refundable deposit
will need to be paid to secure the date (the £100 deposit will be redeemed off your total bill.)
• DJ – To book our resident DJ, a non-refundable payment of £350 will need to be paid at time of
booking to confirm the DJ.
• Payment: We do request full and final settlement of your function 6 weeks prior to your event.
At this time, we require your final guest numbers and any special dietary requirements. Any
changes to guest numbers after this date cannot be refunded.
• Service charge: This is charged at 10% on all food and drink and is payable to the staff for all the
preparation and organisation prior to your event and service given throughout your function.
Terms and conditions of the booking:
• Hire of Meade Hall is only possible when The Crown & Cushion undertake the catering.
• In order to meet with Food Safety Regulations and for the safety of all guests, all food must be
prepared, cooked and stored by Barons Pub Company. We do not allow you to provide your
own catering (with the exception of celebration cakes and favours – please note forms of alcohol
are not allowed to be given as party favours on the day. They can be given to staff and handed out to
guests on departure if required.)
• All alcohol consumed on the premises must be purchased from our bar – with the exception of
prior permission of corkage being charged on wine or champagne.
• We operate the Challenge 21 Policy: we therefore reserve the right not to serve alcohol to any
customer who appears under the age of 21 years and who fails to present valid identification to
prove they are over 18 years. Anyone not wishing to adhere to this may be asked to leave.
• Young persons between the ages of 16-18 years are permitted to be served wine, beer, cider or
a perry when they have a sit-down meal accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian.
• Once the sit-down meal has finished the young person is not permitted to continue drinking
alcoholic beverages (they must not be purchased by themselves or a third party). Anyone not
wishing to adhere to this may be asked to leave.tel: 01252 545253 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crown & Cushion, Minley Road, Blackwater, Surrey, GU17 9UA
• Drugs Policy: we operate a Zero Tolerance drugs policy. Anyone found in possession of illegal
substances will be reported to the police and asked to leave the premises. We reserve the right
to call short a function if we suspect any kind of drugs activity.
• We only allow birthday parties for 21+ at which you may be asked to pay an additional cost for
the hire of door staff to manage the evening (this is dependant on function guest list capacity.)
• The organisers of the function will be held responsible for their guests and their conduct. We
reserve the right to remove intoxicated guests from our premises and any deliberate damages
or breakages will be billed to the organiser.
• Entertainment: we highly recommend our DJ who we use on a regular basis, however, you are
welcome to hire your own DJ or a band. We do require a copy of their public liability insurance
together with a PAT certificate if you choose this option.
• Fireworks: unfortunately, we cannot allow fireworks at our venue.
• Our bar is licensed for last orders at 22:45 for bar closure at 23:00; the room must be vacated by
23:30. To request a bar extension an additional charge will be added to your bill which will extend
the bar to be open until 00:00 with the room needing to be vacated by 00:30.
• Décor: if you wish to personalise or theme the hall to enhance your event please liaise with us.
In the unlikely event of damage or breakages occurring we reserve the right to charge for the
replacement or repair.
• Any personal items bought on site for your event must be collected within 24 hours. Barons Pub
Company Limited cannot be held responsible for any breakages, loss or damage.
• CCTV is in full operation on the premises. If guests are identified removing or damaging items or
property, the management will inform the client who will be held responsible.
• Allergies & Dietary Requirements: it is the customer’s responsibility to inform the management
of the Crown & Cushion, Meade Hall of any allergies or dietary requirements of any of the guests
attending the function. All of our food is prepared in our kitchen where nuts, gluten & other
allergens are present & our menu descriptions do not include all ingredients. Some of our
ingredients may contain GM products. Unfortunately, it is not possible to guarantee that our
kitchen is completely free of other allergens. Full allergen information is available for all menus
By paying the initial room hire / deposit to secure the date you are hereby agreeing to all of the above terms and conditions.
April 2021Other Policies