Thank you for booking your event/celebration with us. We look forward to hosting it in our beautiful Meade Hall.
- We do request full and final settlement of your function 6 weeks prior to your event. At this time, we require your final guest numbers and any special dietary requirements. Any changes to guest numbers after this date cannot be refunded.
- Any large functions the venue will be required to hire security at the expense of customer and this will be added to the total bill (cost subject to needs)
- All event prices are subject to the year they are advertised. Please note if a function is being booked ahead of prices for that year being released, the prices will be subject to change to co-inside with any price increases.
- The prices issued on the quote at the moment of the deposit will not be the agreed price to pay. As soon as the prices for that year have been issued your quote will be updated accordingly and will be subject to the change; regardless of the price when the deposit is being paid.
- A discretionary 10% service charge is added on all food and drink items and is payable to the staff for all the preparation and organisation prior to your event and service given throughout your function.
- Our minimum spend requirement on food and drink pre-paid on the quote choosing from our event menus is £3000 full day hire or £1500 half day hire.
Terms and conditions of the booking:
- Hire of Meade Hall is only possible when The Crown & Cushion undertake the catering. In order to meet with Food Safety Regulations and for the safety of all guests, all food must be prepared, cooked and stored by Barons Pub Company. We do not allow you to provide your own catering (with the exception of celebration cakes and favours – please note forms of alcohol are not allowed to be given as party favours on the day unless a corkage is paid.
- We only accept cake deliveries and set up on the day of the event, we do not store cakes overnight and do not hold any responsibility for set up.
- All alcohol consumed on the premises must be purchased from our bar – with the exception of prior permission of corkage being charged on wine or champagne.
- We operate the Challenge 21 Policy: we therefore reserve the right not to serve alcohol to any customer who appears under the age of 21 years and who fails to present valid identification to prove they are over 18 years. Anyone not wishing to adhere to this may be asked to leave.
- Young persons between the ages of 16/17 years are permitted to be served wine, beer, cider or a perry when they have a sit-down meal accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian.
- Once the sit-down meal has finished the young person is not permitted to continue drinking alcoholic beverages (they must not be purchased by themselves or a third party). Anyone not wishing to adhere to this may be asked to leave.
- Drugs Policy: we operate a Zero Tolerance drugs policy. Anyone found in possession of illegal substances will be reported to the police and asked to leave the premises. We reserve the right to call short a function if we suspect any kind of drugs activity.
- We only allow birthday parties for 21+ at which you may be asked to pay an additional cost for the hire of door staff to manage the evening (this is dependant on function guest list capacity.) The organisers of the function will be held responsible for their guests and their conduct. We reserve the right to remove intoxicated guests from our premises and any deliberate damages or breakages will be billed to the organiser.
- Entertainment: we highly recommend our DJ who we use on a regular basis, however, you are welcome to hire your own DJ or a band. We do require a copy of their public liability insurance together with a PAT certificate if you choose this option.
- Fireworks: unfortunately, we cannot allow fireworks at our venue.
- Access to Meade Hall on the day of the event for set up is from 9am , we cannot guarantee entry for set up the day before the event.
- Our bar is licensed for last orders at 22:45 for bar closure at 23:00; the room must be vacated by 23:30. To request a bar extension an additional charge of £300 will be added to your bill which will extend the bar to be open until 00:00 with the room needing to be vacated by 00:30.
- Décor: if you wish to personalise or theme the hall to enhance your event please liaise with us. In the unlikely event of damage or breakages occurring we reserve the right to charge for the replacement or repair.
- Any personal items bought on site for your event must be collected by 11am the following day. Barons Pub Company Limited cannot be held responsible for any breakages, loss or damage.
- CCTV is in full operation on the premises. If guests are identified removing or damaging items or property, the management will inform the client who will be held responsible.
- Allergies & Dietary Requirements: it is the customer’s responsibility to inform the management of the Crown & Cushion, Meade Hall of any allergies or dietary requirements of any of the guests attending the function. All of our food is prepared in our kitchen where nuts, gluten & other allergens are present & our menu descriptions do not include all ingredients. Some of our ingredients may contain GM products. Unfortunately, it is not possible to guarantee that our kitchen is completely free of other allergens. Full allergen information is available for all menus provided.
tel: 01252 545253 e-mail: email@example.com
Crown & Cushion, Minley Road, Blackwater, Surrey, GU17 9UA
May 2023Other Policies